Friday, September 13, 2013

Isaiah Washington on the fallout with Grey’s Anatomy costar T.R. Knight over Gay Slur


Isaiah Washington spoke with BET’s Clay Cane about the slur heard around the world. About six years ago Isaiah allegedly called Grey’s Anatomy costar T.R. Knight the F-word.

This is what he had to say about that:
At the time, of course. Who wouldn’t? I was just trying to tell the truth, but it was incredibly hard to try and stand up for myself and for my team to get the record straight. At the time, I was the largest African-American in the public eye. I was on the most successful show in America at the time. It wasn’t hard to latch the story on me and have it go viral around the world. What was hard was that the story was never accurate. It wasn’t right. Some people used the platform to spread their own agenda. Those people didn’t get what they wanted in the end. Perez Hilton said the F-word to Will.I.Am and got hit in the face. He then went beyond the call of duty to apologize to me [for his condemnation].
And
There’s no record of using the F-word or anything negative about me in the news for the last six years. I didn’t turn out to be this homophobic train wreck or whatever the agenda was at the time to make me. I am pretty much the same person for trying to get this thing called humanity at the forefront, you know? We have to be healing ourselves. So that’s pretty much what I have to say on that.
Well... Alright then

source

No comments:

Post a Comment